How to Measure Your PD?
Pupillary distance (PD) is the distance between the pupils of your eyes. Knowing your PD is important for you to purchase glasses on VlookOptical. It makes sure your pupils match the optical center of your lenses. Adult common PD range is between 54-74; kids are between 43-54. Normally, you can find your PD on your prescription. If it does not on your prescription, don't worry. VlookOptical will guide you how to measure your PD by yourself or with your friends.
Don't have your PD on your prescription? Don't worry. You can measure your PD by yourself.
1. Print out our VLOOK PD Ruler
2. Stand about 8 inches or 20 centimeters away from a mirror;
3. Place the ruler horizontal and directly over or below the center of your right pupil.Place the ruler against your forehead . You can stand in front of a mirror, or ask your friend measure for you.
4. Measure the distance from the center of your right pupil to the center of your left pupil.
5. Repeat a few times and use an average for your final measurement.