Traceability of Quality: Handmade Acetate Frames
Metal allergies keep you away from metal frames? Get tired of the texture of ordinary plastics? Then it's time to pick up a pair of acetate frame suitable for you at VlookGlasses. Lightweight and fashionable handmade acetate frames which will give you high-end customized wearing enjoyment.
What are Acetate Frames?
Cellulose acetate is a plant-based plastic that is hypoallergenic. This material was first used for eyewear in the late 1940’s because of its brittleness and other problems with previously used plastics. Today’s acetates are known for being strong, lightweight, and flexible. Cellulose acetate also has the widest range for transparency, rich colors, and finishes. If you want to learn more about this stylish frame, click our website vlookoptical.com.
The process of making acetate glasses:
It is very important that the highest grade of cellulose acetate is used to achieve the highest quality. Hundreds of elaborate processes follow with the manufacture course of each frame, and a multitude of craftspeople contribute to the final product.
- Acetate Sheets: New acetate combinations are generated by mixing organic colors with acetone and the raw acetate plant based material. Rollers help mix the paste onto thin flat sheets of acetate to achieve the special color effects. Complex colorations are produced by layering several colors and sandwiching them together or pressing them through a variety of dies. The acetate film may be incised in small cubes and rolled again. These layers are molded into large blocks. After which technicians intricately slice off single new sheets which are dried in large kilns for several weeks to cure the material.
- Cutting and Forming: The frames are cut to shape through computer controlled milling machine according to the design input by the technician. The individual frame components are then hand finished by different highly trained technicians. They form the curve of the frame front; press the core wires and hinges into the acetate material. They apply the nose pads and hands finish many other features according to the design.
- Polishing: The frame components are placed in barrels about the size of a washing machine full of wood chips and small stone. The components are tumbled together for many hours. After which, each frame is buffed by hand by an experienced technician to a highly polished luster.
- Assembly: Further technicians fasten the arms to the frames with rivets and tiny screws. Lenses are inserted and the frame adjusted and cleaned.
Acetate is vastly preferable for eyeglasses over other plastics for these reasons:
- Does not harm the environment
- Is made from renewable materials
- Is hypoallergenic
- Come in all colors of the rainbow
- Can be made beautifully transparent
- High grade versions are fit adjustable by opticians
These are several strong attributes demonstrating that this plant-based product is highly unique. Today’s premium acetate frames are known for their lightweight thin constructions and strength. Yet they remain flexible with a glass like clarity. Furthermore, they boast the widest range of finishes—from high luster polish, matte, or brushed.
Whenever you don't know which kind of frame to choose, a pair of textured acetate frame will be a wise choice. Enter VlookOptical Online Mall to buy your high-end acetate frames!