What is PD & Why you need get it?
Pupillary distance (PD) is the distance between the pupils of your eyes. Knowing your PD is important for you to purchase glasses on VlookOptical. It makes sure your pupils match the optical center of your lenses. This measurement can come in two forms; either as one single measurement (eg: 63mm between the pupils) or two separate measurements for each eye (eg: 31mm for the left eye and 32mm for the right eye).
To get the PD measurement for your eyes, you can ask at the time of your eye exam or you can contact your optician to see if they can provide you with the measurement details. However, not all optometrists provide the PD to customers. They often provide it to the opticians who is going to make the glasses.
But you can measure you PD at home by yourself or with your friend:
1. Print out our VLOOK PD Ruler
2. Stand about 8 inches or 20 centimeters away from a mirror;
3. Place the ruler horizontal and directly over or below the center of your right pupil.Place the ruler against your forehead . You can stand in front of a mirror, or ask your friend measure for you.
4. Measure the distance from the center of your right pupil to the center of your left pupil.
5. Repeat a few times and use an average for your final measurement.
You can check about more details about how to measure your PD at home at "HOW TO MEASURE YOUR PD？"
or Watch our Video about "How To Measure Your PD"